Rwanda Initiative for Sustainable Development (RISD)
|Training session in Mugina|
This month NAYD is highlighting the work done by Rwanda Initiative for Sustainable Development (RISD) an NGO in Rwanda advocating for social and economic transformation of the people. RISD envisions a country that has equitable access to natural resources, specifically land, for sustained peace, social justice and economic stability.
Focusing on land policy, RISD has the following objectives:
· Enhancing community participation in land related policies towards improving their livelihood
· Elimination of gender inequality related to land rights
· Enhancing the capacity of civil society in engaging in the implementation, monitoring and documentation of the national land policy
· Advocating for pro-poor land policy
· Contributing to the Poverty Reduction and Sustainable Peace Strategies through good land governance
|Another training session|
To meet these objectives, the Rwanda Initiative for Sustainable Development (RISD) has various projects that it runs at the community. Such projects focus on:
- Land dispute management skills training
- Research such as the Impact of land lease fee on land owners
- Land reforms advocacy with a particular focus on women and the youth
You can find out more about the work done by RISD and how you can be part of it by visiting risdrwanda.org.